ADAPTED FROM ALLRECIPES
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
5 roma tomatoes, chopped
1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
1 chicken breast
1/4 cup italian dressing
1 loaf italian bread, sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
1. dice chicken breast into small bite size pieces
2. coat medium pan with cooking spray and pan fry chicken; halfway through cooking add the italian dressing
3. combine chicken, spinach, tomatoes and feta cheese in a bowl
4. brush the italian bread with olive oil and cook for 1 minute per side or until lightly toasted.
5. spoon desired amount of chicken mixture on the toasted bread to serve.
yesterday was my first day back to teaching. i mean, i’ve been back at work for a month now with sports and such but now all the kids are back. and i am back in the classroom– in a legit room this year too. holla!
so to celebrate surviving the first day jitters (they actually played my introduction game!) i decided to make a dinner of yummy goodness. while bruschetta is typically an appetizer and served on tiny breads, i decided to super-size it for a main course after seeing this recipe.
um, not to brag or anything but this shizz was GOOD!! like, give yourself a food baby good. quick, easy and it looks like you put in all this time in the kitchen. it’s the triple threat of cooking.
happy back to school everyone!