j loves pork chops above all other meats available for consumption, so there’s a lot of pork being cooked in our house. lately i’ve bored of the same ol’ sage/breaded/fried chops–add in the fact that the littles refuse to eat any meat that isn’t chicken nuggets and there i was last night, googling pork chop recipes. basically, i just wanted something that had ingredients i already had in the house, wasn’t complicated and wouldn’t be too crazy calorie wise.
i stumbled upon this little beauty on allrecipes and was in immediately because not only did it meet all three of my requirements but there were reviews on the page that declared that their own kids gobbled these chops up. score!
VICTORY. srsly. these were tastier than i thought and sure enough, my little vegetarian kids ATE THE EFF OUT OF THEM. that made me happier than the taste.
so, if you are looking for a bit of a change in the ol’ pork chop department, try these out, no?
Marinated Pork Chops
(adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 pork chops, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly blend soy sauce, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, and ketchup.
- Place pork chops in a medium baking dish, and spread with 1/2 the sauce.
- Bake pork chops 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn, and spread with remaining sauce. Continue baking 20 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chops has reached 160°F.
- Broil pork chops for 5 mins.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 194 | Total Fat: 9g | Protein: 23g | Sodium: 446mg